Today is a not quite a day off, but close. I'll stay here and camp at Nipton again tonight. I'm sleeping in today, then going for a short ride up to I-15 and see what the old roads in that area look like.
22.9 miles, 2:08 hours, 33.4 mph max speed, 10.7 mph average on today's "maintenance ride" from 3000 feet up to 3400 feet and back.
- My Nipton campsite
- One of the tent cabins at Nipton
- The historic Hotel Nipton building
- The shower building (quonset hut) at Nipton
- Inside the rustic Nipton shower building, dirt floors and all!
- Picnic table behind the Nipton campground
- Nipton General Store and the café building
- Nipton Road crosses ugly I-15
- Looking down into Ivanpah Valley, west of the I-15/Nipton Road interchange
- Riding down the old road just west of I-15
- Cattle-guard on Nipton Road at I-15
- Top of Nipton Road, looking back toward "town"