Well, after my one-hour delay, I've remounted my saddlebags and have decided to continue on 7 miles more to Keystone Canyon
I'm carrying enough water to last at least through tomorrow should I get stranded. Also, there may be water at Keystone Spring.
If my repair starts to fail, I'll turn back or try flagging down a passing car, if there is another one, to get a lift back down to civilization, or to Las Vegas where I can get to a bicycle shop.
I've seen several cars on this road today, but I've ridden this road before and know that sometimes there are no cars for hours at a time.