There are moments on the ride from Tecopa Hot Springs to Baker on Highway 127 when nothing seems to move, no matter how much one pedals.
I love the climb over Ibex Pass. The descent that follows into and across the valley of Dumont Dunes is pure pleasure.
I have no film left, so I use a few photos taken on the way up Highway 127 earlier in the trip, looking back, to relive my favourite part of the return ride to Baker, marking the trip's finale. 55 bicycle miles.
I'll see you next year.
- Heading back to Baker from Tecopa Hot Springs, I pass over the summit of Ibex Pass on Highway 127
- The descent into the Dumont Dunes valley is about to begin
- Just before descending is the sign on the other side of the road for uphill climbers
- Five-percent grade ahead
- Descent from Ibex Pass continues
- Highway 127 winds its way down
- Dumont Dunes get closer as the descent continues
- Ooo, four-percent grade for a few miles
- Entering the valley, with the Avawatz Mountains in the background
- Crossing the floor of the Dumont Dunes valley